Handmade Eyeshadows and Palette

P2090376.jpg

Buckle your seat belt, this project was a doozy.

It started when I bought some eyeshadow making/pressing supplies online. I wanted some lovely iridescent highlight shades like the Kat Von D palette, and I feel like I more or less achieved that look with these. But once I had all the eyeshadows made, I realized I had nothing to put them in! I have a video showing how I made the shadows, and the instructions on how I made the palette are just below.

What you need:
My mix press base – https://howtomakecosmetics.com/produc…
My mix press binder – https://howtomakecosmetics.com/produc…
Sparkle turquoise – https://howtomakecosmetics.com/produc…
7 colour interference colour set – https://howtomakecosmetics.com/produc…
26mm pan press kit (comes with tile for pressing) – https://howtomakecosmetics.com/produc…
Isopropyl alcohol
Paper towels
Mixing cups
Measuring spoon
Stir sticks
You can also buy 12 pan empty palettes to put your shadows in – https://howtomakecosmetics.com/produc…

Recipe for one 26mm pan (video shows recipe for two)
-1/8 tsp my mix press base
-1/2 tsp pigment
-5 drops my mix press binder
-enough isopropyl alcohol to get correct consistency


Now, onto making the palette.

104c487d-0353-429f-966f-b2c5e7840fa8

First, I took some cardboard and added an edge to hold them, but they all slid around. Not the safest for makeup.

img_1865
Some shadows I made, others are pressed samples from various brands.

At the same point, I was looking at this piece of foam core that I had painted.. Cue the lightbulb.

I cut the foam core into three pieces, and with the first one divided the back into 8 squares, then traced a pan inside each square and cut just inside that.

I then glued the second piece of foam core to the back, and wrote in the letters for what order I wanted the colours to go in for optimum rainbowiness.

I cut strips of paper to cover the edges, and glued then taped them down, and made the lid with the third panel of foam core that I backed with more paper. Added more glue, more tape, until everything was attached.

img_1878

img_1884